Thursday, April 2, 2009

Now I'm Vulnerable. Sigh.

Today is my guard’s last day.
Kevin is returning to the Army, and after today will not be around for immediate protection.
Drat!
I really liked this one, too! Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a competent guard that I don’t mind spending 8 hours of the day with? His replacement isn’t bad, he’s just not Kevin.

We’re having a going-away party for him this afternoon. Sadness.
Not sadness for the party (I love a good party) but for the going away part.

Here are a few things I’m going to miss about him:

Playing Hide and Seek- even though he left me hiding once while he did his rounds
His inaccurate crossword puzzle answers
Joke of the Day (mostly jokes that not even a three year old would find funny)
Presidential
trivia
Definition word games
Bad mouthing people we don’t like when no one is around
Pee Wee’s Playhouse word of the day
Making up our own NATO phonetic alphabet
Rock Paper Scissors
I can’t believe he’s leaving me with my own boredom…
I wish him all the best, of course…
I’ll miss you, Kevin!

2 comments:

JMS said...

I'll miss him, too - sniff*sniff

I'm going to miss the way he sneaks up to my desk and then stands there quietly waiting for me to realize he's there rather than jumping right in and letting me know he needs something! I really will! That's not sarcasm. That's just the beauty that is Kevin.

And, oddly - this is my word verification: fecomb

Maggie May said...

Your list of things you'll miss is so frackin sweet!