Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Miscellaneous (Re)Collections

I received an e-mail yesterday from the girl I lived with in France. She wrote in English, but gave up halfway through her e-mail to resort back to French. I am chagrined to say that my grasp of the language is not quite what it used to be, but I was so proud that I understood it!
Of course that is not saying much. I was always better at reading and listening than the actual speaking.
I’m planning a trip to London in July to visit my dear friend Derek, and now I am thinking of extending my European tour to add Emilie. Who knows, I might never come back to the states…
This is apparently the picture edition of my blog site. Cannot resist sharing this!
I mentioned yesterday that I was moving things out of my room for window repairs, and I came across a few old pictures.

This is one of my favorites of my sisters and me:

Since I’m at it, here is one of Emilie:

And Derek:

I went to my junior Prom with this guy:

Five things that are making me happy at this very moment:
1. My frappuccino
2. My boss is in a good mood, which means the day will go fairly well
3. The crossword puzzle I'm about to start
4. The note I wrote myself last night to remind me to be happy today
5. That I didn't lose my virginity to my junior year prom date.


On an unrelated note, my mother and I practiced a bit of past-life regression this past Sunday night. I’m certain I did it wrong, because I don’t think I’ve ever been a backwoods country girl with red toenail polish… Well, I’m very, very close to certain. But it was an amazing adventure none the less, and quite relaxing too!

Sunday Sermon
Mud rides hip high to streams
rocks polished with trickery
impatient to ground
unsure feet.

But water is reflection.

Little girl with pigtails,
her cheeks rosy with
the abandonment of
clocks and obligations.

She tells me to open my eyes
and I wake in time for the offering.


I’m in love with my world today.
Everything seems brighter, warmer, more peaceful and caring.

How is your world today, my lovelies?

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

'and i wake in time for the offering'

lovely!

i'm jealous, i want to go to London :)

Captain Dumbass said...

I wish I could go back to London. And France. Sigh. My day was not as great as yours. I needed some alone time, but little boys have no concept of that. Oh well, that's what early bedtimes are for.

I'm glad I helped waste part of your work day.

kadler said...

Haha. Great pics. I agree with #5 :)